- News & Public Affairs
- Points of View
Le Show, hosted by Harry Shearer: Monday at 10:00 AM
Le Show is Harry Shearer’s satirical sandbox: a weekly, hour-long romp through the worlds of media, politics, sports and show business, leavened with an eclectic mix of mysterious music.
The show features a number of recurring news segments, each referred to by Shearer as “a copyrighted feature of this broadcast.” Currently many episodes include the following:
- Apologies of the Week (public apologies reported in the news)
- News From Outside the Bubble (News stories from international sources, usually the UK)
- News of the Warm (Shearer reads news on global warming)
- The Trades (Shearer reads items from trade magazines)
- News of Inspectors General (News reports of the findings of U.S. Government Inspectors General)
Other news features that recur less often on the program include:
- News of the Olympic Movement (news about Olympic snafus)
- Burying the Lede (News stories with alarming tidbits buried down in the story)
- News of the Atom (News of safety issues in the nuclear power industry)
- News of the Godly (News items relating to religion and evangelism)
- Let’s Get Scared (Shearer reads news stories with frightening implications)
- Sos of the Week (instances of the word so being used to start a sentence in news programs)
- Tales of Airport Security (sent in by listeners)
About Harry Shearer
Actor…author…director…comedian…musician…philosopher…political satirist…record-company owner…and one of the best “voices” in the business (just ask THE SIMPSONS), Harry Shearer is a comic personality and modern day renaissance man.
For the past two decades he has enjoyed enormous success and planted the fruits of his talents in the heads of millions worldwide thanks to his voice work for THE SIMPSONS, where he plays a stable of characters: most notably Mr. Burns, Smithers, and insufferable neighbour Ned Flanders.
Movie audiences will know Shearer best for his collaborations with Christopher Guest and friends. The most famous of these is the granddaddy of all mock-umentaries, THIS IS SPINAL TAP (with Rob Reiner and Michael McKean). The film revealed the concepts of spontaneously- combusting drummers and amps that go up to eleven. Other Guest collaborations have included A MIGHTY WIND and FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION. Shearer’s other film credits include REAL LIFE, THE RIGHT STUFF, PORTRAIT OF A WHITE MARRIAGE, THE FISHER KING, GODZILLA, THE TRUMAN SHOW, SMALL SOLDIERS and DICK.
- Monday - 10:00 am - 11:00 am