The Lost Music Saloon opens its doors every Monday evening from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m., proudly kicking off an evening of good roots music programs on WRIR 97.3 FM here in Richmond, Virginia. The Saloon has been serving up a fine mix of Americana, alternative country, roots rock, singer-songwriter, Tex-Mex, Irish, rural blues, and all things twang since 2004. You’ll sometimes hear shows built entirely around a theme, an artist, or a band, including occasional music-intensive and professionally-produced one-hour radio specials.
I’m always on the lookout for something new. Every month or two an entire 2-hour show is dedicated to new music — albums, EPs and songs released within the weeks and months just prior to that show, or about to be officially released in the near future. The Saloon also gives special attention to new and rising artists, as well as older performers who may have once been household names, but are now largely forgotten by mainstream radio. You may not recognize the names of some of the artists and bands you hear played in the Lost Music Saloon, but they all have something worthwhile to offer. And who knows? You might discover a new song, album or artist speaking directly to you.
We’ll see you in the Saloon!
- Monday - 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Lost Music Saloon: June 26: 5-7 p.m.: All New Music
- Lost Music Saloon: June 19, 2017: 5:00-7:00 p.m: 13th Anniversary Show!
- Lost Music Saloon: June 12, 2017: 5-7 p.m.: Summertime!
- Lost Music Saloon: June 5, 2017: 5-7 p.m.: All New Music!
- Lost Music Saloon: May 29, 2017: 5-7:00 p.m.: Memorial Day
- Lost Music Saloon: May 22, 2017: 5-7:00 p.m.: New Music!
- Lost Music Saloon: May 15, 2017: 5-7 p.m.: Mother's Day + Graduations/Jobs
- Lost Music Saloon: May 8, 2017: 5-7 p.m.: New Music!
- Lost Music Saloon: May 1, 2017: 5-7:00 p.m.: Spring Fund Drive #2
- Lost Music Saloon: April 24, 2017: 5-7 p.m.: Spring Fund Drive w/Road Kill Roy