- News & Public Affairs
- Points of View
Making Contact: Friday at 10:00 AM
Making Contact, produced by International Media Project, is an award-winning, 29-minute weekly magazine/documentary-style public affairs program heard on over 140 radio stations in the USA, Canada, South Africa and Ireland.
Making Contact is committed to in-depth critical analysis that goes beyond the breaking news. Showcasing voices and perspectives rarely heard in mainstream media, Making Contact focuses on the human realities of politics and the connections between local and global events, emphasizing positive and creative ways to solve problems. The program features:
- In-depth reports on political and social issues, trends and events, contributed by journalists from around the globe.
- Ordinary people talk about how public policy affects their daily lives, families and communities.
- Speeches by social activists and advocates share a vision of a better world.
- Special mini-series, such as How We Survive.
Founded in 1994, International Media Project (non-profit tax ID# 94-323-9511) is an independent, non-profit organization committed to investigative journalism, in-depth critical analysis, the promotion of civic participation and the dissemination of educational material. Its core focus is Making Contact. Foundations know us as International Media Project, but you can just call us Making Contact.
You can find out more about Making Contact from their brochure: https://www.radioproject.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/NRP_MC20YR_MAILER_PROOF_R5.pdf
- Friday - 10:00 am - 10:30 am