- Drum & Bass
- Hip Hop
- Local Music
- Native American
- New Wave
- Progressive Rock
Richmond Mergers and Acquisition lawyer, record collector (yes he’s got a serious problem), and occasional raconteur, Otto Konrad (DJottoJD)* hosts a weekly, two hour open format radio show, using field recordings, soundtracks and sonic soundscapes as settings for songs and singers from everywhere, in reaction to and informed by the pop single, but always with an emphasis on the single, where-ever it’s found. Think an unholy melding of Alan Lomax and David Geffen. “Radio with a View” and the “Sound of Surprise” are favorite catch phrases and goals for every show.
All credit to Joe Carducci for coining the phrase “Pop Narcotic.” And Bill Lupoletti for “Over the Edge.”
Joe, if you can get past the occasional Paul Simon track, you still wouldn’t like the show.
*With guest host help from Edge of Americana DJ Josh Bearman.
- Tuesday - 9:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Hail Hail Rock and Roll on Over the Edge of the Pop Narcotic
- DJOttoJD is Back on Over the Edge of the Pop Narcotic with Musical Goodness
- Over the Edge 3.7.2017
- Let Them Bon Temps Roo-LAY!
- Magpie Radio on Over the Edge of the Pop Narcotic
- Kiss Me, In Your Bed, Now's a Wonderful Time for Love-Valentines Music on Over the Edge of the Pop Narcotic
- Live Radio! Rugby Revue on Over the Edge of the Pop Narcotic!
- Prog Meets the Garage Meets Nashville Pop on Over the Edge of the Pop Narcotic.
- "Field Recordings" on Over the Edge of the Pop Narcotic
- Congolese, Rhythm and Blues and Be Bop on Tonight's Over the Edge of the Pop Narcotic.