- Drum & Bass
- Hip Hop
- Local Music
- Native American
- New Wave
- Progressive Rock
Richmond Mergers and Acquisition lawyer, record collector (yes he’s got a serious problem), and occasional raconteur, Otto Konrad (DJottoJD)* hosts a weekly, two hour open format radio show, using field recordings, soundtracks and sonic soundscapes as settings for songs and singers from everywhere, in reaction to and informed by the pop single, but always with an emphasis on the single, where-ever it’s found. Think an unholy melding of Alan Lomax and David Geffen. “Radio with a View” and the “Sound of Surprise” are favorite catch phrases and goals for every show.
All credit to Joe Carducci for coining the phrase “Pop Narcotic.” And Bill Lupoletti for “Over the Edge.”
Joe, if you can get past the occasional Paul Simon track, you still wouldn’t like the show.
*With guest host help from Edge of Americana DJ Josh Bearman.
- Wednesday - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Music. Just Lots of Music, and a Song for Heather, 7-9 PM on Over the Edge of the Pop Narcotic
- Time to Jong Jangle it, on Over the Edge of the Pop Narcotic. Call it a Cosmopolitan Musical Smackup.
- Swivel and Stomp on Over the Edge of the Pop Narcotic
- International Experimental Pop Music ( IEPM for short) on Over the Edge of the Pop Narcotic
- Over the Edge of the Pop Narcotic Crash Lands on Wednesday!
- International and Experimental Pop on Over the Edge of the Pop Narcotic
- Celebrating The 4th on Over the Edge of the Pop Narcotic
- New York City Inspired Tracks Mixed with Doses of Sugar Girl Pop Harmonies, and a Touch of Superman: Tonight on Over the Edge of the Pop Narcotic!
- Fireflies and New Merge Record Singles on Over the Edge of the Pop Narcotic
- Over The Edge Of POP Goes The World