- Local Music
The Commonwealth of Notions is a reaction to the idea that good music is dead in the city of Richmond. While being a careful observer and participant in the music scene, I find myself constantly amazed by the creative energies put on display. Whether they are the songs played within the walls of living rooms, basements or bars, they should all be heard.
Along with my initial motives of showcasing the local Richmond scene, the playlists act as a showcase of my love for music. If I spend the following week with a song stuck in my head, why wouldn’t I play it on the air? Perhaps that is what makes the show stand out in many regards. It isn’t limited to just being a show about Richmond local music. The Commonwealth of Notions acts as a showcase of myself and hopefully the songs I play will help establish and create conversations that wouldn’t happen otherwise.
At its core, the Commonwealth of Notions is my love letter to the great musical entities that have come and gone in Richmond and a way for me to never lose sight of it’s pulse.
Servus und Willkommen zu unseren Deutscher Jam!
Hey everyone and welcome to our Deutscher Jam. This show should serve as a connecting ground to showcase and play current and classic German Artists here in Richmond. We are going to be pulling away from the stereotypes and stigmas one may think when picturing modern day Germany through sound and music. The shows mission is to pull individuals away from viewing Germans as the stereotypical picture of solely drinking beer, eating sausage, wearing lederhosen, and the population only consisting of one race. Hip-Hop has created a platform for Germans to ignite change and rebrand the face of their society. This current generation of Hip-Hop artists are reshaping everything about what being “Made in Germany” means and how they are actively embracing the language. Germany has reshaped themselves into not only a fierce competitor politically and economically but now also in the music industry. Germans have taken a genre that had been introduced to them from across the Atlantic over 30 years ago, translated and interpreted it into their own version and have created a blend that has reshaped the music industry into possible pursuit of a global takeover. Viel Spaß und enjoy this insider listen into what Germany really has to offer!
- Friday - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- March 13, 2020 - Colins Phils
- January 3, 2020 - Big No
- October 18, 2019 - Majjin Boo
- March 29, 2018 - Pedals on Our Pirate Ships
- August 24, 2017 - Minor Poets
- October 20, 2016 - Hallelujah!
- Designer Shrugs - Play / Add to playlist
- Black Acid - Play / Add to playlist
- Call Center - Play / Add to playlist
- Funk 69 - Play / Add to playlist
- Hot Garbage - Play / Add to playlist
- Murk - Play / Add to playlist
- Standing on 3 Legs - Play / Add to playlist
- Bubbles - Play / Add to playlist
- Static Gravity - Play / Add to playlist
- September 23, 2016 - The Congress
- July 23, 2015 - Mad Extras
- July 9, 2015 - Mountain Holler
- April 16, 2015 - Nelly Kate & Brent Delventhal