Edge of Americana features the finest in American traditional music forms – old-time, bluegrass, blues, jug band, ragtime, early jazz, novelty songs, classic country, and whatever else seems to fit. Shows are sometimes themed by song topic, a specific instrument, a certain artist, or particular region from which a sub-genre arises. Preference is given to recordings made before the 1960’s, though newer bands are welcomed into the playlist.
We design programs to act as entertainment as well as education, and, in doing so, balance discussions of the historic reference and significance of the artists and songs with playing as much music in a two hour period as possible.
- Tuesday - 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Edge of Americana: War, Fire, Fascists, Nazis, Marches
- Edge of Americana: Galax and Clifftop
- Edge of Americana: Vegetable Time
- Edge Of Americana 7.25.2017
- River Songs
- Rollin to the Edge while Josh is Away
- Banjo Tunes for Your Drive Time Old Time, on The Edge of Americana
- Edge of Americana: Daddies & Daughters
- Edge of Americana 6.14.2017
- Edge of Americana 6/6/2017